Today, the Governor’s Office of Student Achievement released the 2016 Innovation Fund Annual Report. The report:
- Summarizes the Fiscal Year 2017 Funding Cycle,
- Provides information about two new grant programs – Innovation Fund Tiny Grants and the Georgia Rural Advanced Placement (AP) STEM Initiative,
- Profiles Innovation Fund grantees in each of the funded priority areas,
- Profiles the School Year 2015-2016 Innovation in Teaching Competition winners, and
- Outlines the Innovation Fund’s goals and action steps for the upcoming year.
The Innovation Fund invests in school districts, charter schools, and traditional public schools committed to planning, implementing, and scaling programs that take a radical approach to education. The Innovation Fund also operates the Innovation in Teaching Competition which recognizes and rewards Georgia’s most innovative K-12 teachers and makes their resources available to other educators. Click here to learn more about the Innovation Fund.