Today, the Governor’s Office of Student Achievement (GOSA) released the Schools Like Mine Dashboard. The interactive tool, located at http://schoolslikemine.gosa.ga.gov, allows parents, educators, and community members to find schools with similar student populations to their school. It also lists the school’s letter grade and College and Career Readiness Performance Index (CCRPI) to allow for comparison of performance between the “like” schools.
Once users select a school, they choose two characteristics from the list below to find schools with similar characteristics:
- Economically Disadvantaged
- English Language Learners, or
- Students with Disabilities
The dashboard then displays the six schools that most closely match the selected school based on those characteristics. It also displays four schools that most closely match based on all characteristics.
The dashboard will also be linked directly from the Georgia School Grades Reports site. The School Grades site allows users to interactively compare school performance information between schools, but it can be difficult to know what schools to choose for comparison. The Schools Like Mine link will open a new window to allow them find similar schools.
The Schools Like Mine Dashboard is one of several education data dashboards that GOSA has created to make data more accessible for Georgians. Other examples include:
- High School Graduate Outcomes Dashboard—Select a Georgia high school and a graduating class year to see where those students went after graduation (e.g., universities, technical colleges, or working but not in school).
- Higher Learning and Earnings Dashboard—Find out median earnings information for college graduates who work in Georgia one year and five years after graduation by college and major.