Developing Life-, College- and Work-Ready Students
In education, Gov. Deal's strategic goals are to:
- Increase percentage of students reading at or above grade level by the completion of 3rd Grade – a strategic benchmark for lifelong learning.
- Increase percentage of Georgians who hold a postsecondary credential
- Improve and expand science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education
- Increase teacher and school leader effectiveness
- Increase the percentage of high school graduates who are college and career ready
- Empower citizens with public school options and local flexibility for the purpose of improving student achievement
The full list of the Governor's Strategic Goals for Georgia is below.