If you are interested in applying to one of the GSLA Induction Support programs, please contact Kimberly Creagh at [email protected]
For more information about Induction Support programs, review these documents:
This program is designed as a model to provide targeted professional learning and coaching training to those who support induction-level teachers as an effort to address the Governor’s priority of investing in educators to improve retention rates of highly effective teachers in Georgia.
- Participants will have the opportunity to engage with other leaders to review and practice implementing GSLA Teacher Academy content, discuss problems of practice, apply content to their context, and explore impact of coaching on teaching practice.
- In turn, leaders are expected to utilize the content and provide appropriate support to induction-level teachers in their respective districts, schools, or RESA.
- Through this process, leaders will support induction-level teachers to connect theory and research with their practice; to explore and apply high-leverage strategies; and to develop effective and efficient systems of instruction to increase their impact on student achievement.
- Intended for those at the school, district, or RESA (GaTAPP) who are responsible for supporting induction-level teachers
- Participants may apply or be referred to the program by school, district, or RESA
- Monthly synchronous virtual meetings with GSLA moderator to workshop around specific topics
- Option to add induction-level teachers to GSLA Induction Teacher Support
- Monthly virtual peer group coaching options
- Monthly individual coaching options for individual areas of need or growth
- Access to GSLA Teacher Academy Community events
Participating Induction Support Leaders
- Participate and actively engage in professional learning sessions.
- Utilize the program content and related resources to support induction-level teachers at the school- or district-level, or RESA.
- Engage in coaching support sessions with the GSLA coach and peers.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Must complete and submit application to the program
- Must be working in a Georgia public school (K-12) or district, or
- Serve as a GaTAPP coordinator at a district or RESA, or
- Be responsible for supporting induction-level teachers at a Georgia public school (K-12) or district, RESA, or credited EPP.
Watch the video below to hear what participants say about the GSLA Induction Leader Support Program: