Governor's School Leadership Academy - Induction Teacher Support Program
This program is designed as a train-the-trainer model to provide targeted professional learning and coaching training to those who support induction-level teachers as an effort to address the Governor’s priority of investing in educators to improve retention rates of highly effective teachers in Georgia.
- Participants will have the opportunity to engage with other trainers to review and practice implementing GSLA Teacher Academy content, discuss problems of practice, apply content to their context, and explore impact of coaching on teaching practice.
- In turn, trainers are expected to redeliver the content and provide coaching support to induction-level teachers in their respective districts.
- Through this process, trainers will support induction-level teachers to connect theory and research with their practice; to explore and apply high-leverage strategies; and to develop effective and efficient systems of instruction to increase their impact on student achievement.
Participating District/School Trainers:
- Participate in a pre-program orientation kick-off session.
- Participate and actively engage in professional learning sessions.
- Implement/redeliver the program content and related supports to induction-level teachers at the school or district-level.
- Engage in coaching support sessions with the GSLA coach.
District and School Leaders:
- Participate at an orientation meeting/webinar.
- Provide release time for participating trainers to attend training sessions.
- Acknowledge the trainer is expected to implement/redeliver the program content and related supports to induction-level teachers at the school or district-level.
- Acknowledge the GSLA coach’s support is non-evaluative.
What do previous participants say about the GSLA Induction Teacher Support Program?
“This experience helped provide a wealth of instructional strategies that are beneficial to teaching. Even more importantly, we were able to see the strategies used each session and given ideas of how they are used in each classroom”
“Prior to GSLA, I didn't have the confidence to speak out in PLC meetings. I felt as a new teacher, I just didn't have much to offer. After GSLA, I'm now a valuable resource to my team. I offer suggestions and will challenge the team to do something differently.”
“[GSLA] impacted my instructional practice a lot because I got better at teaching, planning, and student engagement.”