Governor's School Leadership Academy - Teacher Leader Support Program
The GSLA Teacher Leader Support Program provides participating teachers with the opportunity to explore their role as a leader from the classroom to develop specific teacher leader skills and competencies which support building capacity at their schools. Participants will engage with other teacher leaders to connect theory and research with their practice; to explore teacher leadership skills and dispositions; and to develop effective and efficient systems of support and implementation to increase their impact on their peers and ultimately, student outcomes. Coaching sessions will provide teachers with support and non-evaluative feedback aligned with the targeted competencies.
- Participating teachers will explore their role in the school to develop specific teacher leader skills and competencies which support building capacity at their schools.
- Participate in a pre-program orientation kick-off session.
- Participate and actively engage in professional learning sessions.
- Implement program content and complete job-embedded experiences;
Engage in coaching support sessions with the GSLA coach.
District and School Leaders:
- Acknowledge the teacher is expected to implement program content and job-embedded experiences.
- Acknowledge the GSLA coach’s support is non-evaluative.
Criteria for Eligibility (2022-2023 cohort):
- Candidates must complete and submit an application to the program
- Must be teaching/coaching full-time (K-12) in a Georgia public school
- Must hold a professional level certificate (beyond induction)
- Must have at least 4 years of teaching experience
- May be referred to program by school or district-level leader (but that is not required)