Governor's School Leadership Academy - Teacher Leader Support Program
The GSLA Teacher Leader Support Program provides participating teachers with the opportunity to explore their role as a leader from the classroom to develop specific teacher leader skills and competencies which support building capacity at their schools. Participants will engage with other teacher leaders to connect theory and research with their practice; to explore teacher leadership skills and dispositions; and to develop effective and efficient systems of support and implementation to increase their impact on their peers and ultimately, student outcomes. Coaching sessions will provide teachers with support and non-evaluative feedback aligned with the targeted competencies.
- Participating teachers will explore their role in the school to develop specific teacher leader skills and competencies which support building capacity at their schools.
- Participate in a pre-program orientation kick-off session.
- Participate and actively engage in professional learning sessions.
- Implement program content and complete job-embedded experiences;
- Engage in coaching support sessions with the GSLA coach.
District and School Leaders:
- Participate at an orientation meeting/webinar.
- Provide release time for participating teachers to attend training sessions.
- Acknowledge the teacher is expected to implement program content and job-embedded experiences.
- Acknowledge the GSLA coach’s support is non-evaluative.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Candidates will be teaching full-time in a (K-12) classroom in RESA-served school district AND have a professional certificate (year 4 or more).
- Recommended by district/school leader to participate in the program.