Education is foundational to our workforce and economy. As Governor, I am committed to ensuring that our students have the ideal skills and training to live, work, and prosper in the Peach State. The Governor’s Office of Student Achievement works tirelessly to meet these objectives and keep our students safe, healthy, and equipped with the right tools for success.
In my first year as Governor, we are making historic strides to strengthen our schools and empower teachers in the classroom:
- $3,000 raise for teachers
- Doubled funding for mental health counselors in Georgia schools
- $30,000 in campus security grants for every public school – with complete local control
- 2% merit pay increase for bus drivers and cafeteria workers
- Fully funded Quality Basic Education for the second year in a row
By combining these resources and focusing on improving childhood literacy skills, we are putting Georgia students first so they can achieve bright, prosperous futures. Together, we will eliminate burdensome mandates in the classroom, reward the efforts of hardworking educators, and focus on improving our educational system for Georgia families across our state.
- Governor Brian P. Kemp