Semifinalist & Finalist Selection Process
- After applications are scored all nominees will be notified of their status through their online application account on February 4th. Nominees selected as semifinalists will be invited to attend the semifinalist event at Berry College on February 26th.
- Mathematics and science semifinalists must bring a copy of PSAT, SAT, ACT test scores to the state interviews if they were received after the application deadline.
- Semifinalists’ interview times will be determined by the time preferences parents selected on the permission form at the start of the online application process. GHP will make every effort to honor the top two choices parents selected for interview times. In a few instances this may not be possible. GHP’s goal is to ensure that families are provided with the ability to make the most appropriate plans for their individual situations and to allow students the time and rest needed to prepare for the interview event. GHP will notify semifinalists and parents of their interview time via email.
- Semifinalists selected as finalists will be invited to attend the summer program at Berry College. Finalists will be notified through their online application account on March 25, 2022 and will be provided with instructions to complete the acceptance tasks. The deadline for completion will be April 4, 2022.
- It is the responsibility of finalists to formally accept or decline their attendance offer via their online application account. The Acceptance Checklist, with specific information regarding GHP acceptance, will be communicated via email and will also be made available through the online application.
- Nominees selected as alternates will also be alerted of their status on March 25, 2022. If a finalist does not accept or is unable to attend, the GHP office will contact alternates as soon as a space becomes available.